Sunday, August 17, 2014

More Camping Hamaker Style

Century RV Park in Ogden, Utah

The Hamaker Family went RVing again.  This trip took us to Ogden, Utah and the Century RV Park.  It was a well kept, clean establishment next to Interstate 15. We loved the location and Van loved the swimming pool and spa but we could have done without Hill Air Force Base being located a few miles away and the train station running very close by, day and night.  There was also the four legged, black and white, visitor that we got a whiff of in the middle of the night. We never seen him but we knew he was there. Their bathroom and shower facilities were spotless but they could have been just a tiny bit larger and I wouldn't have complained.   There was also the attack shower curtain that wanted to wrap itself around my leg while I was showering.  It is hard to shower when your leg is being eaten by the shower curtain.  And did I mention dropping the bar of soap twice while in this very small place that I couldn't bend over in, especially with the attack curtain wrapped around my leg.  I know, "Oh, poor me."

This trip also took us to Logan.  My son, Craig, has now moved to Logan to attend Utah State and continue his education.  We toured his new home and put some money down but he can't move into it for another week.  He is crashing at the home of one of his good friends.  Special thanks to Kaeden for putting up with him for a week.

Friday we attended the open house of the Ogden Temple.  It is a beautiful temple and I'm thankful we were able to go see it.  What a blessings temples are in our lives.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to serve others by attending the temple.

Very early Saturday morning we were off to Eden, Utah for their balloon festival.  It was beautiful.  It is so awesome to watch as they blow up these huge balloons and watch them sail across the sky.  Following the balloons we went to Nordic Valley Ski Resort for an all-you-can eat breakfast buffet.  None of us left hungry and it was fun to be together as a family.  Saturday afternoon we said good-bye to Cliff, Robert and Craig.  Craig is now beginning a new adventure in his life and will be missed dearly on the home front.  



No comments:

Post a Comment