Monday, May 28, 2012

One More Thing To Do............

I finally decided it was time to join the 21st century and write a Blog. I love doing genealogy and researching just about anybodies family, but when it comes to doing family history work, I have one shortcoming.  I know it is hard to believe that I have a shortcoming, but I do not do well with writing in a journal.  My journal entries are pretty sporadic and you wouldn't learn too much about anything from them.  To me, a blog is the 21st century way of keeping a journal and sharing it with the whole entire world at the same time.  My life is so exciting and action packed that I'm sure the whole wide world is going to want to read it.  So, if I keep a blog up-to-date as well as I keep a journal up-to-date, this should only last a week maybe two if you're lucky.

When I decided to start the blog, I asked those loving family members standing around me for suggestions on what it should be called.  My youngest son said it needed to include the word "Rantings" and so it is called, "Kathy's Rantings".

I'll use this first entry to kind of introduce myself and give you a heads up on what you might expect to hear about.  I'm the mother of four handsome young sons, one beautiful daughter-in-law, and the most awesome step-daughter and stunning son-in-law.  There is also the bestest step-son and his beautiful friend that is a girl, and last but not least, five of the best grandchildren in the whole world, three boys and two girls.  I also have to mention that I have the most wonderful sister in the whole world.

My hobbies are genealogy, family history work, genealogy, other people's family history work, genealogy and collecting histories of family members.  You can find  some of our family histories here: Hamaker's Homestead.  One of my other obsessions is collecting information about Carbon County Utah.  I serve as the webmaster for Carbon County on the Carbon County UTGenWeb webpage.  I'm sure you'll be hearing about all the exciting additions that are collected and added to the webpage.  The last thing I'll tell you is that I serve as the historian for the Carbon County Historical Society.  I'll be sure to keep you up-to-date on the current speakers and events that I'm sure you will want to read about.

I'm sure you are just all excited and eager to begin this exciting journey with me.  Any bets on how long it will last?  So in closing, I'll share an unknown fact about me with you.  I love flax flowers.  Do you know they grow wild along the side of highways, but it is harder than heck to get them to grow in a flower garden?  Stay tuned for more updates.............









No comments:

Post a Comment